Monday, October 13

Chocolate Torte

Sorry you guys, I have just not been able to take out the time to upload this in so long. I'm in school five days a week with constant test and homework, so its not that convenient for me to do this so often anymore. I will try as hard as I can. I promise you there will be uploads starting in November. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The Crust:

The instant pudding: (3rd layer)

Complete:

This is a recipe my mom has had for forever and she makes it every Christmas and all throughout the holidays. I have no idea why she randomly wanted me to make this, but I was not about to argue. Its sooooo yummy!


Recipe:

1/2 C. margarine
1 C. sugar
1 C. self-rising flour
1 C. chopped pecans
8 oz. cream cheese
1 lg. cool whip
2 pkg. inst. choc. pudding
3 C. milk

1st layer: place 1/2 C. margarine, 1 C flour and 1 C pecans in large dish and chop all together until pecans are fine and press mixture down in bottom of dish. (Instead of doing that, I made sure my butter was soft, and I chopped my pecans in an old pecan chopper and then took my pastry cutter and combined it all.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes; cool.
2nd layer: Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add 1/2 cool whip and mix well. Spread over first layer.
3rd layer: Mix pudding and spread on top of 2nd layer. then add remaining cool whip.
Garnish with finely chopped pecans.
Chill.

3 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

MUAHAHAHAHHAHA NOW I FINALLY HAVE THIS RECIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CookiePie said...

Looks so creamy and delicious!!!

karl's sweet child said...

i want to try this!! i linked you in my baking blog!!