Sunday, August 3

Mississippi Mud Pie

You wanna' talk about a pie that is VERY rich?! This is IT. It was very good, though. Its definitely a chocolate lovers pie.




Ingredients:


Ready for the oven

TAA DAA!


Yum O



I got this recipe from the book: Perfect Chocolate
Author: Unknown

*In this recipe, it calls for you to make your own pie crust, but I didn’t.
So instead, I just bought an Oreo pie crust…it works just as good!

Filling:
1 ½ sticks butter
1 ¾ c. packed brown sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa,
Sifted
5 ½ oz. semisweet chocolate
1 ¼ c. light cream

To Decorate:
2 c. heavy cream, whipped
(or cool whip)
Chocolate flakes and curls


Start by making the filling:

To make the filling, beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl and gradually beat in the eggs with the cocoa. Melt the chocolate and beat it into the mixture with the light cream and the chocolate extract.

Heat the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 45 minutes, or until the filling has set gently.

Let the mud pie cool completely, then transfer it to a serving plate, if you like. Cover with the whipped cream. Decorate the pie with chocolate flakes and curls and then let chill until ready to serve.



*When I made the whipped topping, by just beating the heavy cream but it wasn’t sweet at all, so if you just add a little bit of sugar, you should be good to go!

3 comments:

Lot-O-Choc said...

Mm I love Mississippi Mud Pie I bet this was deliicous!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I can't believe it didn't tell you to sweeten the whipped cream! I usually add 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla per cup of heavy cream. It looks delish. I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The recipe says to mix some ingredients with "the chocolate extract" but you didn't mention that in the recipe. Can you please look at the book and tell me what it says about chocolate extract?

I went to the store last night and bought all the ingredients for this pie but I didn't see the mention of the extract until I just now went to make the pie. I'm supposed to be making this for my son's 24th birthday today. Oooops! LOL

Thank you for your help!
Pamela